Instructions for Oral Presentations
Thank you for presenting at the AABIP 2023 Annual Conference
This page is designed to prepare Invited Speakers for their oral presentation at AABIP 2023. Please visit the page regularly for updates on technical requirements, deadlines and general information.
The preliminary scientific program can be viewed on the Annual Conferences’ website HERE. Please make sure to check the online program regularly for updates as changes may occur.
Mandatory Steps for Invited Speakers
- Present your lecture onsite. If you will not be able to travel to Chicago, please contact us as soon as possible.
- Register for the Annual Conference. If you have not yet done so, you may find information regarding registration by clicking here. Please use your faculty discount code to register.
- Complete the Conflict of Interest Form (also known as Financial Disclosure Slide) available online in your profile area.
- Complete the Consent Form available online in your profile area.
- Submit a short biography and photograph (headshot). Submitting a photo and short biography will allow the Annual Conference attendees to get acquainted with your professional background before attending your session.
The AABIP 2023 Conference Organizer has already emailed you your login details and further instructions on completing the above-mentioned steps. If you have not received this communication from them, please check your spam folder first, and email us at email@example.com.
PowerPoint Presentation Guidelines
The PowerPoint Presentation template can be found clicking here.
- The first slide of your presentation must be your name and presentation title.
- The second slide of your presentation must be the conflict-of-interest slide duly completed. This slide has been inserted in the PowerPoint Presentation Template.
- Logos, promotional or marketing materials are not permitted to be included in your presentation.
- We recommend that you label all slides that include unpublished data with a title: “UNPUBLISHED DATA – DO NOT COPY OR DISTRIBUTE”.
- If you combine video clips with PowerPoint; the videos must be embedded as an MP4.
Presentation Layout and Ratio
- Format: Your presentation should be prepared in .PPT or .PPTX format.
- Ratio: Please note that the Annual Conference computers in the session Halls are supplied with Office 2019 (at least) and the native ratio of the projection on the screens in the Halls is 16:9.
Important for MAC users
To use MAC presentations on a PC compatible computer, please note that you need to prepare your presentation according to the instructions below, before taking it to the Speakers’ Ready Room:
- Convert it to PowerPoint or PDF.
- Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (Special characters might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint-based PC).
- Insert the images as JPG. The following file types will NOT be visible on a PowerPoint based PC – TIF, PNG or PICT.
Presentation Slides Upload (deadline: August 7, 2023)
- You will receive a link to upload your presentation via email. This link is individual and should not be shared with anyone.
- The deadline to submit your presentation is August 7, 2023. Important: if there is a detected conflict of interest you will be required to submit your presentation slides before the above-mentioned deadline.
- You can only use the Annual Conference computers for presentation purposes. The Annual Conference will not be able to support lecture slides presented on personal computers.
- You are required to reigster at the Speakers’ Ready Room as soon as you arrive at the venue in the morning and at least 2 hours before the start of the session. Signs for the Speakers’ Ready Room will be clearly posted at the Annual Conference.
- In the Speakers’ Ready Room, there will be technicians that will be able to assist you if there are any technical issues.
Speakers’ Ready Room Opening Hours
- Thursday, 24 August: 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Friday, 25 August: 6:00 AM to 6:45 PM
- Saturday, 26 August: 6:00 AM to 5:15 PM
*Please note: hours are subject to change.
To promote your participation at AABIP 2023, please refer to our Promotional Toolkit page. You will find AABIP 2023 banners, letterheads and more.