Abstract Submission General Information
2024 AABIP Abstract Submissions
The American Association for Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology (AABIP) is calling for scientific abstract submission for its annual meeting to be held August 22 to 24, 2024 in Charlotte, NC. The premier conference for interventional pulmonologists, advanced bronchoscopists, pleural experts and other interested health care professionals aims to gather leading clinicians, scientists, and educators to exchange ideas and discuss research on all aspects of Interventional Pulmonology and Advanced Bronchoscopy. It also provides an ideal platform for all participants to present and discuss the latest technologies, research trends, as well as practice innovations to advance the field and better patient care.
Deadline to Submit: Monday, March 4, 2024
*Will be invited to present in-person during our E-Poster Presentation
*Will be invited to present in-person in our AABIP Lightening Sessions
*Will be published in an online supplement of the Journal of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology
*Receive FREE registration to the 2024 AABIP Annual Conference
*Will be invited to present in person at the TOP Abstract Session at the AABIP Annual Conference
General Submission Information:
Kindly review the submission instructions thoroughly to avoid the administrative withdrawal of your abstract. Ensure to provide a working email address for correspondence purposes. Please direct any inquiries or concerns to AABIP_Abstracts@kenes.com and expect a response within 48 hours.
There are 3 submission types: original research, case reports, procedure video reports.
- Original research abstracts should include the following sections: Background, methods, results, and conclusions. They should not exceed 400 words (excluding title and affiliations).
- Case reports should include introduction, case description and conclusion. They should not exceed 300 words.
- Procedure video reports should include introduction, procedure description and conclusion. They should not exceed 300 words. Video submitted should be maximum 2 minutes long, preferrable in HD (vimeo link, MP4, 1080) resolution. Video should be of high quality that is suitable for online publication. We strongly recommend adding descriptive captions to the videos submitted, as the videos will be played in a loop in the posters and exhibition area.
- Video upload instructions can be found here.
- Please indicate the topic category that best fit your abstract:
- Pleural Disease
- Therapeutic Bronchoscopy
- Diagnostic Bronchoscopy
- Healthcare Transformation/Miscellaneous.
- Cost of Submission: Submitting an abstract/case report is free.
- Registration and Accommodations: Presenting authors must register themselves by June 15, 2024 and attend the meeting in person (NO virtual attendance options). Registration, travel, and hotel assistance will not be provided unless contacted by the conference organizing committee.
- Publication Rules: Publication is contingent upon in-person presentation at the meeting. Presenting authors who have not accepted to present by the deadline provided in the invitation and have yet to reach out to us regarding any delay may have their submission(s) withdrawn from presentation and publication. Accepted submissions for AABIP 2024 can not be published elsewhere before August 31, 2024.
- Presentation Limits: You may submit as many abstracts/case reports as you wish, but presenting authors will be limited to up to four (4) presentations.
- Patient Consent Policy (for case report or procedure videos): Though our submission portal does not have a field to upload a consent form, you should obtain the patient’s consent and abide by HIPAA policies. If the patient can no longer sign for consent but previously gave it verbally, you can write a letter stating so and have it signed by whoever received it.
- Extensions Policy: There will be no extensions to the submission deadline unless specified by the Program Organizing Committee.
- Abstract submissions will be reviewed by the Abstracts Review Committee for acceptance.
- Abstract acceptance notifications will be sent to authors by email within 45 days after the submission deadline.
- The top abstracts will be accepted for podium presentation and presenters will receive a research award from the AABIP.
Selected abstracts will be displayed as a digital poster and presented in-person during the 2024 AABIP Annual Conference to be held August 22 to 24, 2024 in Charlotte, NC. Selected abstracts will also be published as an online supplement in the Journal of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology (JOBIP). Abstract presenter(s) must be registered to attend the AABIP 2024 Annual Conference by June 15, 2024. More information to follow.