AABIP 2023 introducing high-yield, task-oriented 90–120-minute hands-on simulation sessions. Interact with expert faculty in small groups (1:2 ratio) and choose from five skill-specific sessions. Learn flexible bronchoscopy, ablation modalities, lung volume reduction, and more. Improve your skills and gain valuable insights in a safe simulation environment. Join us for an immersive learning experience!
Simulation Session 1: Tips and Tricks for Optimizing Yield in Peripheral Bronchoscopy; Thursday August 24, 2023
- Practice planning pathways to “hard to reach” lung nodules using different advanced bronchoscopy platform.
- Practice the steps of registration, navigation, and target confirmation on each platform.
- Describe tricks to prevent atelectasis, from pre-procedure optimization, anesthesia management and patient positioning for peripheral bronchoscopy.
- Discuss tools to optimize yield and how to combine peripheral platforms with radial EBUS and advanced imaging tools in peripheral nodule sampling.
Simulation Session 2: Stents – Expanding the horizon – Tips from the Experts; Thursday August 24, 2023
- Define the necessary equipment for SEMS insertion through the ETT/rigid bronchoscope technique without fluoroscopy via flexible bronchoscopy.
- Describe the step-by-step process for stent selection and deployment via flexible bronchoscopy.
- Highlight stent- tissue interactions and stents’ utilization in benign and malignant disease.
- List post procedure strategies to minimize stent-related adverse events.
Simulation Session 3: Nodule Tracking Platforms for the Early Detection Lung Cancer ; Thursday August 24, 2023
- Describe the features of a nodule tracking platform and review the unique tools each platform offers.
- Discuss how nodule tracking platforms impact patient/program outcomes and referral volume.
Simulation Session 4: Fire and Ice – Ablative Modalities Tips; Friday August 25, 2023
- Review the steps for safe application of electrosurgery with a focus on optimal gas flow, anesthesia settings, and interference with implantable devices (ICD/pacemaker).
- Review the basic principles and the system set up for coagulation and cutting effects.
- Practice cryodebulking and review the applications of cryotherapy into an IP program.
- Describe various ablation modalities to manage airway stent complications.
Simulation Session 5: Planning and Performing BLVR – Tips from the Experts; Saturday August 26, 2023
- Highlight the applications of tools to assess fissure integrity via CT analysis and Chartis.
- List the steps for airway sizing and valve deployment.
- Review BLVR in the marginal candidate (high PCO2, low BMI, low fev1+dlco, pulmonary nodule) and the application of BLVR use as a bridge to transplant.
- Describe the post-BLVR follow-up and outcome measurements.
Please note that in order to attend the Simulation Sessions you must be registered to attend the Annual Meeting. There is limited availability, to participate in a simulation session, click here to register to the Annual Meeting.
Already registered? Don’t worry, write our team at email@example.com add your Simulation Session.